“A pure employment specialist”
I can work with you in a number of different ways depending on your needs. Whether you’re facing an employment issue, tribunal or court hearing or just need some advice, support or reassurance, I can help.
Working on the principle that prevention is better than a cure, getting legal advice before a problem even arises is definitely the sensible option. And where you’re already facing a legal challenge my goal is to work with you as early as possible to save you time, money and stress in the long run.
Some of the issues I can advise on include:
- The merits of a claim or potential claim
- How to deal with a disciplinary or grievance
- How to manage absence or maternity/paternity/parental leave
- Redundancy planning and restructuring
- Addressing capability and performance concerns
- Settlement agreements
- HR issues and employment law in general
Depending on your issue, there will be actions I can take on your behalf and others which you’ll need to complete yourself. In this case I would supervise and guide you at every step, checking what you do to make sure the process goes as smoothly as possible.
Examples of legal support I can offer include:
- Drafting documents including correspondence, court documents, contracts and policies
- Training for you and your employees on all aspects of employment law (which can be tailored to your individual requirements)
- Conducting disciplinary and grievance investigations, hearings and/or appeals
- Planning redundancies and restructures
- Managing capability / performance issues
If your situation needs a face-to-face appearance, whether in court, a tribunal, a hearing or a meeting, I’ll be there to do the talking on your behalf. I’ll present your case, ask questions of any witnesses and argue for you. At what can be a very stressful time, I’ll also be there to guide you and answer any questions so you’ll always know where you stand.
Examples of where I can represent you include:
- Tribunal and court hearings
- Meetings and negotiations
What does employment law cover?
In a nutshell, employment law covers the relationship between employees and employers. It includes everything from rights and responsibilities through to grievance procedures and more.
Here are examples of the types of issues I can help you with as an employment law barrister:
- Disciplinary and grievance cases
- Complaints of bullying, discrimination and harassment
- Redundancies and restructures
- Drafting and amending contracts of employment
- Managing absence and ill health
- Whistleblowing allegations and complaints
- Transferring employment (TUPE)
- Annual leave and holiday pay
- Shared parental leave
- Maternity, paternity and adoption rights
- Flexible working requests
- Drafting restrictive covenants
- Termination of employment
- Notice periods and claims of wrongful dismissal
- Claims of constructive and unfair dismissal
- Training for employers and managers
- Drafting policies
- Advising on employment tribunal procedure
Picking up the phone is free
Whatever employment issue you’re facing, give me a call today to see how I can help. You won’t be charged for your initial consultation and I’ll always be up front about the costs that could be involved in your case so you can budget accordingly.
I practice from Guildhall Chambers; I am regulated by the Bar Standards Board. For further information, please see the Public Access Guidance for Lay Clients, detailing how the Public Access scheme works, which can be found here. For further information on transparency and how services are provided by barristers at Guildhall Chambers please click here.
Kerry gave straightforward, easy to understand and incredibly helpful advice which allowed us to grow our business without a lot of the stress!
Kerry has sharp analytical skills
Her advocacy is structured, sharp and effective.
She is very quick to respond. She’s very knowledgeable and is also good with clients.
(Kerry) was incredibly understanding of what we needed and provided a fantastic service! If you are a small business, looking for sensible and easy to understand employment advice, you have found what you are looking for!
She has a very good strategic brain.
A pure employment specialist.
A dependable employment specialist.
She was really great and really organised. She made my client feel very relaxed at the hearing. Her analysis of the case was very strong, her attention to detail was excellent and she would not stop questioning until she got the desired answer.
Highly experienced in discrimination claims